First of all, The Town of Elkin, NC does not collect personally identifying information from the The Town of Elkin, NC Web site unless you choose to provide that information to us. But we hope that you will be willing to provide us with some very limited information about yourself. Here's why: Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a personalized experience when you visit our site. Unlike the "one-to-many" broadcast medium, the Internet gives us entirely new opportunities to build "one-to-one" interactive relationships with our constituents. For this to work, we need your input. We feel certain you will want to share with us your thoughts and opinions about our products and services. We need this input from you only in the interest of making The Town of Elkin, NC more responsive to our customers. But we understand your concerns about who else we might be sharing this information with. Here is what we do:
- The Town of Elkin, NC does research on our users' demographics, interests, and opinions based on the information provided to us upon registration, during a promotion, from our server log files or from surveys.
- We do this to better understand and serve our customers. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregatedbasis only.
- The Town of Elkin, NC may share this aggregated data with our government partners.
- When The Town of Elkin, NC asks for personal information on the site, you are sharing that information solely with The Town of Elkin, NC.
- As a general principle, The Town of Elkin, NC will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
- We do not sell or distribute lists of names, addresses, email addresses or any other personal information to anyone else. All of the information collected by The Town of Elkin, NC is used for internal The Town of Elkin, NC or The Town of Elkin, NC purposes only and is not distributed to other outside parties.
- The Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) of the machine which accessed our Web site.
- The date of the visit.
- The time of the visit.
- The path taken through our Web site.
- The browser being used.
- A list of files downloaded or viewed.
- The amount of time spent listening to RealAudio®
- Any errors encountered.
Explanation of cookies and how they are used
- Verify your identity and access your user permissions (stored on our secured computers) in order to deliver to you a better, faster and more personalized service.
- Estimate our audience size and preferential patterns in order to better serve our visitors and customers. Each browser accessing The Town of Elkin, NC is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage based on user interests and preferences.
- The Town of Elkin, NC does ask visitors to provide certain personal information when they submit information or requests through an online form. This information is gathered by The Town of Elkin, NC on a voluntary basis and its use by The Town of Elkin, NC is limited to the following: content management, editorial and feedback purposes, and for The Town of Elkin, NC's marketing and promotional purposes. By providing this information, a visitor may receive an e-mail from The Town of Elkin, NC in limited circumstances
- Visitors Under 13: You must be at least 13 years old in order to send information. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself, including your name, address or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any personally-identifying information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible.
- Visitors Between 13 and 18: Visitors between the ages of 13 and 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before registering or otherwise sending any personally-identifying information.
The Town of Elkin, NC reserves the right to change this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted to this page as soon as reasonably possible, so please check this page periodically. Use of the The Town of Elkin, NC Web site constitutes consent to any policy then in effect.